Asian Pacific Community Fund
Contact: Kendra Akase, Programs Associate
Phone: (213) 624-6400, ext 6
Contact: Rachel Kochhar, Community Engagement Coordinator
Phone: (213) 624-6400, ext 4
The Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is a network of 74 Asian and Pacific Islander (API) nonprofit organizations serving over 4,900,000 people annually in a total of 47 API languages plus English and Spanish. As the only API community-based fund in Southern California, APCF is focused on providing culturally sensitive programs and services to meet the complex and diverse needs of the API community.
Who We Serve
- Our network of nonprofit organizations provides culturally and linguistically appropriate services to over 4,900,000 people in need every year in 47 Asian and Pacific Islander languages, in addition to English and Spanish.
- While 68% of those served identify as API, we serve a diverse population that is reflective of our communities - with 15% Hispanic/Latino, 4% African American, 5% Caucasian, and 8% Other.
- Over 78% of our Network’s clients are Low-Income
- We serve children, youth, parents, families, seniors, undocumented community members, low-income, immigrants, and homeless individuals.
How We Serve
Many of our Network Agencies serve as one-stop centers that provide a multitude of services for the individual or family, due to language and cultural needs. Annually, these services include:
- Afterschool Programs for Children & Youth.
- Employment Services for Youth & Adults.
- Healthcare Services to Children & Adults
- Affordable Housing for Children & Families
- Case Management & Counseling for Children & Adults
- Parent Education & Training for Parents
- Legal Services for Adults